Thursday, March 17, 2011

Cheers from the oldCrippledmen!


May your glass be ever full,
May the roof over your head be always strong,
And may you be in heaven
Half an hour before the devil knows you're dead.

Take a load off, work is the curse of the drinking class. Here's the infamous Pogues' 2nd album, Rum, Sodomy, and the Lash, produced by Elvis Costello in 1985. Just about everyone has it, as its sort of the American go-to album on St. Patrick's Day. I'd love to say I was familiar with more traditional Irish music, but thats not very realistic and I suppose I don't actually care all that much. Anyhow, this album is punk infused Irish folk that can really bring the raucous on a night like tonight. It's packed with beautiful ballads like "I'm A Man You Don't Meet Everyday" while at the same time consistently revealing tracks more along the lines of what the album's title suggests. I hope everyone has a chance to relax a throw a few back this evening, regardless of how far fetched and distant the holiday is from your real cultural background. Link in comments. Cheers!

The Pogues - Sunny Side Of the Street

The Pogues and The Dubliners - Whiskey In The Jar

1 comment: