Saturday, January 8, 2011

How I've Been

There's no excuse why I haven't been posting here more often. It looks as like we're at around 100 posts, and things have been going really smoothly so far. Thanks to fellow bloggers Tony, Bill, and Will I know I've learned about a lot of new sounds, so I hope you have too.

Anyway, it looks like it's going to be a cold winter in the midwest, folks. Temps today are only in the single digits with no wind. Everything looks completely solid. It's weird. I've been looking out my window for a couple of hours at the yard and the only thing that has moved are the veiny shadows of the trees by my house. They were right: winter is just beginning.

But I have a few things to share with you. You might call it "January music," after the deceitful winter month of January. Because if you're like me, I consider December--with it's holidays and festivals--the epitome of winter. But then after the tree goes down the the lights are wrapped up, it's still cold. We're entering a weird seasonal void, friends. Spring is somewhere on the horizon, and we've been left to battle through the cold without the help of Thanksgiving feasts, Christmas presents, or New Years parties.

Good luck to us all. The soundz:

Weekend - Sports (2010)
--Noisy shoegaze/reminiscent of No Age I guess but a little darker and spacier

Yellow Swans - Going Places (2010)
--Thick, deep, often horrifying sounds and twist, twinkle, and fuzz. Very beautiful if you give it a chance.

Unwound - Leaves Turn Inside You (2001)
--"Classic" 21st century Indie Rock/Alternative from an often under-recognized band.

This Bike is a Pipe Bomb - Front Seat Solidarity (2002)
--Quick and ernest chanting folk/punk from Pensacola




2 comments:

  1. Weekend - Sports:
    http://www.mediafire.com/?077ae19ap808888

    Yellow Swans - Going Places:
    http://www.mediafire.com/?imd1mndonzj

    Unwound - Leaves Turn Inside You:
    http://www.mediafire.com/?2monzvmqhyz

    This Bike is a Pipe Bomb - Front Seat Solidarity:
    http://www.mediafire.com/?zmwtoemer5v

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw man, I love this bike is a pipe bomb. Glad to see you're back to posting. I'll have to check these others out soon.

    ReplyDelete